A Real-Life Hero: Fred Rogers

The heroism that Fred Rogers displayed throughout his life is so enormously apparent, and has been written about by so many, that it seems superfluous to try to do it any justice here. Though perhaps it is worth mentioning, in this series of blog posts leading up to the release of my "Heroes and She-roes" CD, that there has been no other person whose work in media has had such a profound influence over my own. If there were a single thesis I tried to impart through my work, it would be the one with which Mr. Rogers bid his television neighbors farewell after each visit: "You make this day special by just your being you."
Fred Rogers, late 1960s.jpg
"Fred Rogers, late 1960s" by KUHT - http://digital.lib.uh.edu/cdm4/item_viewer.php?CISOROOT=/p15195coll38&CISOPTR=240&CISOBOX=1&REC=5. Licensed under CC0 via Wikimedia Commons.


(Have a real-life hero or she-ro to nominate for this blog? Let me know at misslynn [at] misslynn [dot] com!)

No comments: