A Real-Life She-ro: AnnMarie McCallister

When your job entails "transferring things from the inside to the outside," (as I quoted Jonathan Safran Foer in this previous blog post), the work you do is so personal that it can be difficult to find other artists with whom to have a fruitful collaboration.  I am so thrilled to have had the opportunity to work with designer and artist AnnMarie McCallister, also known as Glad Annie (Studios).  She built quilts and did graphic design for my last two CDs, as well as designing my promotional materials.  Before they have ever heard a note of the songs contained on them, people frequently comment how beautiful the packaging is!

 


 AnnMarie is making the world more beautiful through her art, but she also is committed to making life better in her local community.  She serves on the board of the Worthington Resource Pantry in her hometown of Worthington, OH, the mission of which is (in part):  "We are committed to building a health Worthington."  What could be more she-roic than that?

I am delighted that I have once more been able to collaborate with AnnMarie on the artwork and design for my upcoming CD, "Heroes and She-roes"!  Keep checking back for the reveal of her latest masterpiece!  :)

No comments: